Take Your Construction Career to the Next Level!
Are you ready to be challenged, make a difference, and experience professional growth in your career? Kleinfelder's Construction Services team is looking for you! From construction management and observation/inspection services to laboratory testing and materials and forensic engineering, our Construction Services market helps to develop and maintain America's infrastructure and supply chain and is a recognized industry leader with more than 25 accredited laboratories.
Step into Your New Role
Kleinfelder Construction Service is seeking experienced Project Manager / Senior Resident Engineers (REs) to join our team! This position will support a variety of transportation and/or public works projects.
Why consider a role with Kleinfelder Construction Services? Not only are we well-established in the industry, but our culture embodies responsibility, accountability, and authority - the pillars of leadership in action! You will have the opportunity to work side by side with experts, you will be part of a team where your ideas will be heard and where you will have the ability maintain a healthy work-life-balance.
- Manage and Administer construction of transportation and/or public works projects.
- Daily management of Assistant Resident Engineers, inspection personnel and other quality assurance staff.
- Assign field personnel to specific project tasks and oversee their effectiveness.
- Prepare daily, weekly and monthly reports as required.
- Lead weekly progress meetings with Contractor, Owner, Agencies and others as required.
- Monitor & track contractor’s progress.
- Coordinate utility relocations with appropriate agencies.
- Act as prime field contact between various project contractors and the client’s Construction Manager.
- Provide input for the redesign of facilities to fit existing field conditions.
- Perform analytical calculations such as basic earthwork, grading, profiles, and special staking procedures.
- Maintain accurate and timely project records.
- Perform quantity calculations for progress pay estimates.
- Prepare and issue contract change orders and associated cost back-up.
- Review contractor’s CPM schedule, RFIs, and submittals such as traffic control plans, mix designs, and SWPPP.
- Review and approve contractor’s monthly progress payment.
- Review inspector’s daily and weekly diaries.
- Read and interpret plans & specifications.
- Verify contractor is in compliance with contract documents.
- Lead project closeout process.
- Ability to work independently, make decisions effectively concerning construction work in progress, and solve field problems.
- Ability to use an automatic level and transit for the purpose of verifying line and grade, required.
- Ability to coordinate with various agencies and departments.
- Knowledge of civil components, such as: earthwork, grading, drainage, AC and PCC pavement, traffic control, SWPPP measures, signing and striping, and utility coordination.
- Proficient at reading and interpreting plans & specifications.
- Knowledge of Caltrans construction practices preferred.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written are required.
- Excellent organization and problem solving skills are essential.
- Professional approach at developing strong client relations.
- California Professional Engineer’s license highly preferred
- BS degree in Civil Engineering or Construction Management
- A minimum of 12 years of resident engineering experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Word and Excel
- Position requires candidate be pro-active and personable
- Ability to learn quickly and assist with applicable tasks
- Ability to work in a team environment
Move Forward with Kleinfelder
Kleinfelder has been connecting great people to the best work since 1961. We are engineers, scientists, and construction professionals providing solutions that improve our clients' transportation, water, energy, and other private infrastructure. As a responsive, cross-disciplinary team of bright, curious, and innovative problem-solvers, we are dedicated to doing the right thing, every day, on every project from over 85 offices in the US, Canada, and Australia. Connecting great people to the best work is our purpose - together, we deliver.
Progress with an Employer that Values You
Kleinfelder is an inclusive organization free from discrimination. We are a stronger organization when we are a diverse workforce and believe that through diversity, equity, and inclusion comes creativity, innovation, and unity. We are proud to offer the following:
Benefits: Kleinfelder offers an excellent compensation and benefits package, including: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays. The expected salary range for the position is displayed in accordance with the California Pay Transparency Law. Final agreed upon compensation is based upon individual qualifications and experience. Salary range: $98,861 - 164,725.
Career Development: We are committed to investing in the professional development of our staff, offering each employee every opportunity to grow, develop, and take control of their career paths. We support these efforts through reimbursements for continuing education as well as many of the expenses associated with trainings and certifications, and opportunities for career development through our internal Mentoring Program.
Equal Opportunity: Kleinfelder is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans. (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules)
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES
Please note that Kleinfelder does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, Kleinfelder will not consider or agree to payment for any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Kleinfelder explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resume, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Kleinfelder.