Take Your Construction Career to the Next Level!
Are you ready to be challenged, make a difference, and experience professional growth in your career? Kleinfelder’s Construction Services team is looking for you! From construction management and observation/inspection services to laboratory testing and materials and forensic engineering, our Construction Services market helps to develop and maintain America’s infrastructure and supply chain and is a recognized industry leader with more than 25 accredited laboratories.
Step Into Your New Role
CMWorks, a Kleinfelder company, a leading provider of Construction Management and Owner Representative services in the great Las Vegas area, is seeking qualified candidates for the Senior Construction Manager / Construction Management Operations Manager.
In this hybrid role, this person will provide:
- Program, project, and construction management oversight or direct management of construction projects.
- Administrative support including, but not limited to construction management, planning, deliverables tracking and task management.
- Create construction management opportunities with existing and new clients and develop new business and cross sell Kleinfelder services.
The ideal candidate will have:
- In depth experience in public works construction management and some operations management.
- Oversee the construction management process through preconstruction, construction and closeout.
- Effective relationship development and management at all levels.
- Ability to train, coordinate and supervise subordinate employees.
- Ability to represent KLF / CMWorks performing business development, marketing support and leading interview teams.
- Experience in managing budgets and schedules.
- Lead and direct multiple members of the team, as well as subconsultants in the execution of projects
- Operate with a high degree of independence, self-direction, and initiative.
- Identify and track potential projects, identify / develop teaming partners for project pursuits, prepare qualification packages and proposals, develop / maintain client relations, manage staff and ensure project delivery.
- Managing multiple projects simultaneously on a large program.
- Flexibility to run projects as needed.
- Assist in providing administrative duties including staffing and training.
- Manage complex projects to deliver services and results that meet or exceed client requirements and are aligned with CMWorks and clients objectives.
- Provide advice, guidance, mentoring and direction to subordinates and other junior personnel toward the achievement of their personal development goals.
- Responsible and/or provide support for overall planning, coordination, and execution from inception to completion to produce a functionally and financially viable projects that will be completed on time, within authorized cost, and to the required quality.
- Manages scope, schedule, budget, quality, safety, and change management.
- Accommodate additional responsibilities as assumed through personal initiative or assigned by higher authority.
- Will act as primary point of contact for client
- Minimum 12 years of experience in construction management on large civil, water / wastewater and/or building public works projects OR has served as a project manager for a public works contractor
- Bachelor’s degree in construction management, Engineering, or other related field (Candidates with 20+ years of experience will be accepted in lieu of a bachelor’s degree)
- Experienced in using document control software, Microsoft Office and P6 software.
- Experience with business development, marketing, and leading proposal development
- OSHA 30 certification or ability to obtain
- Valid US Driver's License
- Technical experience and skills related to managing a large construction management projects
- Highly developed interpersonal, analytical and communication (written and verbal) skills
- High level of professionalism and ethical behavior associated with being a licensed professional or working under a licensed professional in Nevada.
- Professional Engineer (PE) license, Certified Construction Manager (CCM) by CMAA Certification or Project Management Professional (PMP) preferred.
- Experience with document control software such as Submittal Exchange, Unifier or similar software
- Construction Management, engineering or equivalent combination of education
- Experience with Nevada public agencies preferred or ability to develop.
Move Forward with Kleinfelder Kleinfelder has been connecting great people to the best work since 1961. We are engineers, scientists, and construction professionals providing solutions that improve our clients’ transportation, water, energy, and other private infrastructure. As a responsive, cross-disciplinary team of bright, curious, and innovative problem-solvers, we are dedicated to doing the right thing, every day, on every project from over 85 offices in the US, Canada, and Australia. Connecting great people to the best work is our purpose – together, we deliver.
Progress with an Employer that Values You Kleinfelder is an inclusive organization free from discrimination. We are a stronger organization when we are a diverse workforce and believe that through diversity, equity, and inclusion comes creativity, innovation, and unity. We are proud to offer the following:
Benefits: Kleinfelder offers an excellent compensation and benefits package, including: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays.
Career Development: We are committed to investing in the professional development of our staff, offering each employee every opportunity to grow, develop, and take control of their career paths. We support these efforts through reimbursements for continuing education as well as many of the expenses associated with trainings and certifications, and opportunities for career development through our internal Mentoring Program.
Equal Opportunity: Kleinfelder is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans. (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules)
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES: Please note that Kleinfelder does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, Kleinfelder will not consider or agree to payment for any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Kleinfelder explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resume, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Kleinfelder.