Kleinfelder has been connecting great people to the best work since 1961. We are engineers, scientists, and construction professionals providing solutions that improve our clients’ transportation, water, energy, and other private infrastructure. As a responsive, cross-disciplinary team of bright, curious, and innovative problem-solvers, we are dedicated to doing the right thing, every day, on every project from over 60 offices in the US, Canada and Australia.
Built on a foundation of excellence, Kleinfelder is committed to client-focused solutions. Through our depth of experience and thorough understanding of environmental, regulatory, economic, and civic conditions, we identify and address challenges with innovation and common-sense. Kleinfelder’s integrated, award-winning experts collaborate with clients to meet their objectives - from project inception through design and execution. Connecting great people to the best work is our purpose – together, we deliver.
Reporting to the Manager of Projects, the Project Manager I will be responsible for the strategic decision making and development of the Project Services team. This individual will collaborate with other discipline leads and stakeholders to ensure that technical excellence, cost, schedule, and contractual requirements are achieved.
EXPERIENCE & ACADEMIC REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor's degree in Chemical, Mechanical, Electrical or Civil Engineering an asset.
- Minimum of 5-8 years of relevant experience in the Canadian oil and gas industry; previous EPCM experience is a must.
- 3+ years of multi-disciplinary project management experience.
- Registration with APEGA is a must.
- Registration as a PE in the US is an asset.
- PMP Certification is an asset.
- Experience in managing multiple clients and projects.
- Experience with drafting proposals/quotes/bids.
- Extensive experience in effective and efficient Project Management procedures.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite programs used to create reports and documents.
- Follows Kleinfelder policies and procedures.
- Effectively uses Kleinfelder workflows and processes to secure project resources, complete proposals, develop contracts, maintain project records, monitor project, bill clients, collect fees, and perform close outs and lessons learned.
- Regularly update project management and services processes, standards, specifications, and procedures, and ensure that there is continued improvement in project delivery.
- Lead the project management and project engineering efforts to execute assigned small to medium sized projects varying in scope and complexity, plan project resources to
- ensure efficient and cost-effective execution adhering to budget and schedule constraints
- Partner with discipline leads and other stakeholders as required to ensure efficient project execution.
- Accountable for implementation of Kleinfelder project management and services processes on projects executed.
- Provide strong leadership and mentoring to the project services team.
- Lead client communication with respect to assigned projects and assigned clients.
- Lead and provide guidance to members of the engineering team including designers/draftspersons, engineers, and technicians.
- Champion and develop specific deliverables such as work scopes, project design criteria, design basis documents, technical documents, cost estimates, schedules, and other project related documents.
- Review and approve engineering drawings and engineering work packages.
- Assist the client with front end project development, as required, to define the project scope for team execution.
- Report engineering and project progress against planned project budget and schedule.
- Provide continuous review of quality of project work.
- Ensure close out of projects and completion of project KPIs.
- Chair team project meetings and client meetings.
- Completion of other relevant duties as required.
- Realize and seize opportunity for proposals/additional work; collaborate with business development team to grow the business.
- Partner with stakeholders in proposal writing, marketing presentations, and organization of internal resources for assigned prospects.
- Support the business development of Kleinfelder Canada and liaise any possible opportunities.
- Assist in the development of / enhancements to Kleinfelder Canada's business development strategy; research and assist in determination of qualified target areas, projects, and clients as required.
- Support operational sales team (Client Account Managers, etc.) as required.
- Coordinate with business development / operations group on proposals and presentations.
- Presentation and visits to client locations, etc. may be required.
COMPETENCIES & SKILLS
- Excellent leadership and mentoring skills.
- Strategic thinker and leader.
- Strong teamwork and collaboration skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Must have a 'get it done' attitude and be proactive.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Quality and client service oriented.
- High attention to detail, finances, and good problem-solving skills.
- Results oriented and change management skills to maximize revenue.
- Job is performed in an office or remote environment; occasional travel may be required to client facilities.