Take Your Geotechnical Career to the Next Level
Are you ready to be challenged, make a difference, and experience professional growth in your career? Kleinfelder’s Geotechnical team is looking for you! From earthquake and seismic engineering to the latest trenchless technology methods, Kleinfelder’s Geotechnical Services support the planning, engineering, and construction of complex projects, and our specialists are leading experts in their fields.
Step into Your New Role
Kleinfelder’s NorCal area is seeking a motivated, creative, and highly talented, Principal Geotechnical Engineer/Project Manager to provide leadership in construction, design, and mentorship in the geotechnical engineering discipline in California. We are flexible to consider the Stockton or Rancho Cordova (Sacramento) locations.
The successful candidate will be responsible for coordinating services with internal and external teams. As part of the assigned duties the Sr. Geotechnical Engineer will perform geotechnical engineering design, construction support and oversite, project management, staff and operational support duties with integrity and a drive to succeed. The successful candidate will be required to ensure high client service by providing constructible designs, responsiveness to client needs and project questions, meeting deadlines and creating clear communications with our clients and staff.
- Candidates are required to have 10 or more years of related experience
- Licensed geotechnical engineer, GE or ability to complete within 1 year
- Proven experience in geotechnical levee design, seepage analysis and slope stability of embankments, design of shallow, mat, and deep foundations, and design of retaining walls
- Proven experience providing construction support as geotechnical engineer of record
- Proven experience being a trusted advisor to clients of all sizes
- Proven experience assisting clients from design through construction
- Proven experience in leading diverse project teams
- Proven experience in capturing business development opportunities, preparing proposals, and/or leading technical aspects of large pursuits
- Proven experience managing and mentoring staff
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineer. Master’s degree in Geotechnical Engineering strongly desired.
- Be a recognized leader in their field
- Have the ability to develop highly motivated individuals
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to work independently or in multidisciplinary teams
- Have experience planning, implementing, and managing geotechnical exploration programs including assigning laboratory testing
- Have experience guiding staff engineers in performing material and site characterization, foundation recommendations, slope stability, and settlement analyses, etc.
- Have experience preparing geotechnical reports, drawings, and specifications for foundations and earthwork for a wide range of projects including transportation, water, retail, hospitality, commercial, etc.
- Have experience supporting project managers in budget management, client updates, and general project management tasks
- Have experience preparing and presenting technical presentations to clients and technical review boards
- Have experience supervising field observation, testing, and performing site visits
- Be able to pro-actively troubleshoot and problem-solve with practical, client-focused solutions
- Be able to interface with the civil design team to develop and value-engineer practical, fit-for-use geotechnical engineering solutions
- Be able to organize priorities and multi-task effectively
- Be able to collaborate with Area leadership and Project Managers to resource delivery effectively
- Possess a thirst to learn and achieve continuous improvement in a team environment
Move Forward with Kleinfelder
Kleinfelder has been connecting great people to the best work since 1961. We are engineers, scientists, and construction professionals providing solutions that improve our clients' transportation, water, energy, and other private infrastructure. As a responsive, cross-disciplinary team of bright, curious, and innovative problem-solvers, we are dedicated to doing the right thing, every day, on every project from over 85 offices in the US, Canada, and Australia. Connecting great people to the best work is our purpose – together, we deliver.
Progress with an Employer that Values You
Kleinfelder is an inclusive organization free from discrimination. We are a stronger organization when we are a diverse workforce and believe that through diversity, equity, and inclusion comes creativity, innovation, and unity. We are proud to offer the following:
Benefits: Kleinfelder offers an excellent compensation and benefits package, including: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays. The expected salary range for the position is displayed in accordance with the California Pay Transparency Law. Final agreed upon compensation is based upon individual qualifications and experience. Salary range: $94,154 - $156,881.
Career Development: We are committed to investing in the professional development of our staff, offering each employee every opportunity to grow, develop, and take control of their career paths. We support these efforts through reimbursements for continuing education as well as many of the expenses associated with trainings and certifications, and opportunities for career development through our internal Mentoring Program.
Equal Opportunity: Kleinfelder is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans. (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules)
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES
Please note that Kleinfelder does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, Kleinfelder will not consider or agree to payment for any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Kleinfelder explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resume, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Kleinfelder.