Take Your Environmental Career to the Next Level
Are you ready to be challenged, make a difference, and experience professional growth in your career? Kleinfelder's Environmental team is looking for you! Kleinfelder offers a variety of services designed to provide technically appropriate and cost-effective solutions.
Step into Your New Role
Kleinfelder is seeking on-call Field Archaeologists to support projects in Hawaiʻi and Guam. This position can be based in our Honolulu, Hawaiʻi or Guam office, depending on current location.
- Bachelor’s degree or greater in Anthropology/Archaeology.
- Demonstrated archaeological field experience.
- Guam or other Pacific Island experience is strongly preferred.
- Must have a satisfactory driving record and complete a background check.
- Must complete a pre-employment physical to ensure fitness for duty.
- Ability to work well with and as part of a team, especially during rugged field conditions.
Responsibilities and Expectations
The responsibilities and expectations for this position include, but are not limited to:
- Candidates must be able and willing to travel and work outdoors in remote locations and for extended periods under all weather conditions (especially high heat and humidity), sometimes in rugged terrain and conditions.
- Ability to excavate 1 by 1-meter units for up to 8 hours daily.
- Perform basic archaeological recording tasks (e.g., mapping and preparing thorough written documentation and measured stratigraphic profiles).
- Competent writing skills and ability to contribute to research and archaeological report writing.
- Ability to independently recognize archaeological resources in the field.
- Communicate efficiently both verbally and in written form and have attention to detail.
- Help maintain a safe work environment.
- Familiarity with digital field technology (Trimble GPS) and GIS applications and software.
Pay is commensurate with experience.
Kleinfelder is committed to a safe work environment. We each have a responsibility to meet this commitment by following Kleinfelder’s safety and HR procedures, as well as applicable laws designed to promote workplace safety.
Move Forward with Kleinfelder
Kleinfelder has been connecting great people to the best work since 1961. We are engineers, scientists, and construction professionals providing solutions that improve our clients' transportation, water, energy, and other private infrastructure. As a responsive, cross-disciplinary team of bright, curious, and innovative problem-solvers, we are dedicated to doing the right thing, every day, on every project from over 85 offices in the US, Canada, and Australia. Connecting great people to the best work is our purpose - together, we deliver.
Progress with an Employer that Values You
Kleinfelder is an inclusive organization free from discrimination. We are a stronger organization when we are a diverse workforce and believe that through diversity, equity, and inclusion comes creativity, innovation, and unity. We are proud to offer the following:
Career Development: We are committed to investing in the professional development of our staff, offering each employee every opportunity to grow, develop, and take control of their career paths. We support these efforts through reimbursements for continuing education as well as many of the expenses associated with trainings and certifications, and opportunities for career development through our internal Mentoring Program.
Equal Opportunity: Kleinfelder is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans. (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules)
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES
Please note that Kleinfelder does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, Kleinfelder will not consider or agree to payment for any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Kleinfelder explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resume, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Kleinfelder.